Monday, December 7, 2009

You Can Bring Me Flowers

   I love this part.  It's perfect.  I get so hopelessly lost in everything you say.  I keep this part to myself.  I spend days on end smiling to myself.  I walk into tables and chairs in a dizzy bliss.  I'm enamored with every single word.  This is what no one else understands.  This is why we stay together.  This is why I stay with you.  Because you make me helplessly, deliriously, trip-over-myself happy.  And we're the only people who need to get that.
   Each snowflake enchants me as it falls past my face.  Somehow, in the dark and the cold, alone, I feel so complete.  We are fools. I am so grateful for our foolishness.
   I dissolve in every single smile.  We confront our agonizing history where your unapologetic neediness meets my repressed maternity.  And we transcend it where you coerce my nurturance out from within the self-defensive bitterness.
   It's so much sweeter to let myself succumb to the moment.  It's so rare that I relinquish even an instant of control.
     Are we finally going to figure this out?

No comments:

Post a Comment