Monday, July 26, 2010

Love Will Tear Us Apart

    I've been reading a lot of poetry blogs lately, and while I don't write all that much poetry anymore, I figured what the fuck.  I just found this. I think I wrote it in October.


You're the best thing that ever happened to me
You showed me how to be ruthlessly mean
You lent me sweetness and love gone insane
I just want to warm you a little with flames.

You are the brightest light in my life.
I'm delighted to be your submissive wife.
I just want to absorb all your beautiful pain
and suffer the weight of your endless disdain.

You are the happiest time in my day,
When you get home and display your dismay.
I've never been so enraptured before
as you sulk and you sigh and you punish me more.

You are my favorite thing in the world.
My love for you deepens with each strand of pearls
Hanging so delicate, lovely and loose
White, cold and breathless, so fragile a noose.

Being with you is like warmth from the sun
May our days together never be done.
Scowl and hiss and mutter I'm plain
As my sweet, stealthy bullet gets lodged in your brain.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment