Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Naming of Things

I guess introductions are the best place to begin.  I'll start with myself because I'm the author, and I'm a narcissist.  (Just kidding!)  (Kind of.)

Lime Tree:   I have delusions of grandeur. I am way beyond a daydreamer.  I'm adventurous, goofy, and absurd.  I either talk way too much or don't say anything.  I am equally likely to be found on the middle of the dance floor as the corner of the room.  Wearing either a beautiful dress or a dirty flannel.  My belongings are either obsessively organized as in complete disrepair.  I'm not very familiar with middle ground.  I can be ambivalent because I want everything.


1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. The sisters, in birth order.

1 33, Always available to make me laugh and able to sympathize with any plight.

2: 31, Always available to laugh, and provide direct, reasonable advice that I am more likely to need than want.


3: 29, Always available to dress up and go somewhere fancy or to lie on the couch and watch TV for unbelievable amounts of time.


4: 26, Never without a plan or a system, can always make me laugh.  Very matter of fact and easy to talk to.


5: 21, Possibly the most ridiculous person in the entire world.  Makes me laugh until I cry.



Bobby McGee:  My best friend.18, Oldest of three, Republican, Fundamentalist Christian, versatile musician, builds log cabins in forests for fun, is always prepared for an adventure, bearded, outdoorsy, shares my love of anything antique, vintage or homemade.



Mr. Fantasy: 21. The rollercoaster.  Tall, dark and handsome.  Forever on again/off again.  Will never grow up, will never settle down.  Musician, athlete.  Romantic, capable of being the sweetest person in the entire world, and then shortly thereafter the most insensitive. (Only to again be sweet!)  Bearded.  Impossible.  Infuriating.  Can always make me laugh, except when he's making me furious.  (Sometimes even then.)

No comments:

Post a Comment